Nokia Operator Logo - Solution
The Nokia phones that support color operator logos may not allow
to assign the operator logo from the gallery.
To get a logo, you have to browse using GPRS. A picture is considered a logo
if its content type is image/vnd.nok-oplogo-color.
Here is how to bring an arbitrary file into your phone as an operator logo
if you have access to an HTTP server that supports CGI scripts:
- upload a picture to the server (sample file name is logo.gif)
- save the following shell script into a file with a name that ends with .cgi, e.g. get.cgi
echo "Content-Type: image/vnd.nok-oplogo-color"
- make the file get.cgi executable
- browse to get.cgi with your phone
- In the "Settings-Display Settings-Operator logo" menu, select "On"
- Go to the main screen
- If you do not see the logo, then turn your phone off and back on
- If you do not see the logo, then your provider does not officially support
user-defined logos; the only chance to see it is the signal is weak when
you turn on the phone, but even that is not guaranteed. I only saw the logo
I have downloaded into my phone twice, and both times for a very short period.
Copyright 2004 Leonid Broukhis -- all right
Direct linking to this page from any web site, as well as not-for-profit
reproduction of this page in its entirety, including this copyright noti
is hereby granted. Any other use of this information is by
(Drop q's and x's before mailing.)
Last modified: September 20, 2004